What We Do
We are an award-winning, youth development intermediary that creates STEM++ based internships, youth entrepreneur opportunities, and service-learning projects by establishing lines of communication between students, schools, volunteers, mentors, nonprofit organizations and local businesses in high-demand STEM++ industries.
The NEXT Steps Youth Entrepreneur Program
“Bridging the gap between applied learning and the digital gaming experience”
Serving Metro Atlanta Since 2008 | A Non-profit (501c3) Organization
The NEXT Steps Youth Entrepreneur Program integrates custom Community Involvement Growth Strategy (CIGS) Models and NEXT Steps programming into school improvement plans and/or school-parent involvement policies of Title I and targeted school districts.
As a result, our core functions as a community partner to any organization includes brokering relationships, expanding non-traditional education and skills-development programs and services, increasing program quality, strengthening and supporting after-school programming, and more importantly, providing workforce and trend data research that quantifies social impact and sustainability.
When we created NEXT Steps Partners In Education University, we developed a community-based online learning management system that provided a flexible employment solution through a digital gaming micro-credentialing system. Consequently, our applied and service–learning programs and activities are able to build and strengthen the 27 competencies that measure a student’s employability based on six key areas of impact and delivery: civic leadership, health & wellness, agricultural technologies & urban design, introduction to STEM++ career pathways, social entrepreneurship & financial literacy, and environmental engineering, exploration & stewardship.
- Have our instructors serve as Community Engagement Liaisons through the procurement of Title I service contracts, STEM education funding grants, donations, marketing and sales activities and other levels of engagement for each school district or market.
- Position STEM++ Direct and our service-to-experience conversion model to secure post-secondary educational opportunities, internships, apprenticeships, job placements to generate $3-27MM in revenues for students that wish to go to college, enter the workforce or launch entrepreneurial ventures over the next 3-5 years;
- Position our new Digital Badge & Skillcoin Rewards System™ as the leading micro-credentialing platform that verifies, shares and manages the actual marketplace value of student achievement of youth and young adults (ages 6-24);
- Use digital badges, Skillcoin Rewards, STEM++ based Resumes, financial portfolios, personal development assessments, and service-learning projects to help students gain meaningful workforce experiences within 17 high-demand STEM++ career pathways
Our Award-Winning Programs
Fundraising Goals & Objectives
• Train 100-150 apprentices in person and online (YR1)
• Introduce program to top 100 US school districts
• Create 100 Junior Executive Management Teams; 10-25 members each
• Reduce Metro Atlanta’s youth unemployment by 1.5% (pilot)
A brief summary of our journey beginning with the development of Atwood Community Gardens to our current day Operation Restoration & Digital Badge & Skillcoin Rewards System™ platform .
Our Advisory Board
Meet the NEXT Steps Partners In Education whose strategic partnerships fuel our Community Involvement Growth Strategy.
Georgia Tech Partnership
See how NEXT Steps programming serves as a service-to-experience conversion method for Georgia Tech University’s Serve-Learn-Sustain “50 Big ideas” initiative to create sustainable STEM++ communities.
“The 17” Legacy Council
We’re creating our very own Justice League! STEM++ professionals, mentors and super awesome people from all 17 high-demand career pathways are invited to join in on the fun.
- Allow students to operate a real food distribution service site as a Junior Executive Manager of Georgia Express Meals
Introduce students to 300+ career pathways in the agriculture, food and natural resources industry including those used by Georgia Express Meals
- Challenge students through interactive games to read the labels of pre-packaged items and locate farm grown foods in the ingredients list.
- Help students locate, research and invite local community growers and industry-related businesses to their taste test event
- Help students increase their leadership and STEM++ skills through our new digital badge & skillcoins rewards system, and
Teach students how to design and install a salsa garden to grow and sell their own salsa varieties as a youth marketplace enterprise
- Challenge students to host the ultimate salsa showdown – their garden grown salsa recipe vs. a commercial salsa product that’s currently on the market.
Now, in FY 2017, we are in the process of completing the build-out of the remaining infrastructure for NSPIE University and are securing community partners to pilot the official launch of our entire online learning management system and Digital Badge & Skillcoin Rewards Micro-Credentialing System™. Our fundraising goal for our NSPIE University launch is to raise $297k for startup by September 1, 2017 and $841k by August 2018 for a fully staffed operation.
To become a donor or sponsor of NSPIE University and our Digital Badge & Skillcoin Rewards System, please contact Dana Jewel Harris by email: email@example.com or call/text @ 678.570.0398.
Georgia Tech University has been an active community and well-respected university-level research partner of The NEXT Steps Youth Entrepreneur Program since 2012. Let us create an Operation Restoration service-learning project for your youth group, club, association, community organization, for-profit business or non-profit organization.
Reaching Out To Those That Need A Hand Up
Our Executive Advisory Board is comprised of STEM++ career professionals that are passionate about developing the next generation of skilled, community leaders and strengthening our Partners In Education network.
Share this Post
Members of “The 17” Legacy Council are charged with engaging in at least three of the following activities:
- Becoming a NEXT Steps Partner In Education (requires annual membership fee)
- Strengthening our relationships with industry-specific STEM++ career professionals within their College Town Community
- Maintaining a bridge of communication between students, educators and the current workforce marketplace
- Sponsoring or participating in an Operation Restoration service-learning project
- Hosting one (1) Investor/Mentor Meetup per year
- Using their network to sponsor three (3) Digital Badge Galleries per year (galleries = $2,180 ea)
- Providing CSI Tips via blog posts, photos, videos, recorded video chats, audio recordings, or guest appearances to our CSI TRENDS Blog regarding trends within their industry
- Participating in or hosting a 17 Legacy Council Superhero Photoshoot (to reveal your and your network’s superhero STEM++ powers IN FULL COSTUME)
Join The Legacy Council of Your STEM++ Industry Today!
STEM++ Career Pathway
Make a donation today to sponsor the digital badge collection for your STEM++ industry.