Law & Public Safety Collection
SKILLCOIN REWARDS: $42.00
Share This Collection
Sponsorship of this digital badge collection will provide Junior Executive Management (JEM) Teams with the following STEM++ skills, capabilities & experiences:
- Explore the basic processes and principles of forensic science as it relates to criminal investigation to demonstrate the importance of the identification, collection, and processing of evidence
- Explain the legal responsibilities and challenges which the forensic investigator may encounter, the role of the criminal investigator, and demonstrate the importance of preserving and documenting the crime scene and enabling the investigator to analyze evidence and its relationship to the crime.
- Study and conduct mock interviews and interrogations to demonstrate how statements are used as evidence in court
- Explain how the success of a forensic scientist depends upon his or her ability to work with law enforcement officers and prosecutors in order to reach a successful completion to an investigation
- Explore the difference between common and statutory law in the context of how legal precedent is established to include the rights of citizens guaranteed by the United States and Georgia constitutions, the powers granted to the police and safety officials, and the restrictions placed upon them by the respective constitutions and their amendments.
- Discuss disaster preparedness/emergency management agencies, including but not limited to: Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Citizens Corps, and Georgia Emergency Management Agency.
Share this Page
ENTER THE FAB LAB
Have Fun With STEM++ Philanthropy!
Collect Digital Badge & Skillcoin Rewards when you secure digital badge collection sponsorships, collaborate with NSPIE Members, unlock course levels, and complete service goals for your mission.View Digital Badge Gallery
|SKILLCOIN ALLOCATION TABLE|
40% Program Fund – “Seed money” for service projects and JEM Team missions
30% Student Reward – Cash stipends for student achievement upon submission of work
30% NSYEP Operations – Funding to sustain our Digital Badge & Skillcoins Rewards System