Government & Policy Administration Digital Badge
Share this Page
Service Goal #1
Analyze the potential effect of extreme emergencies and disasters on infrastructures, including but not limited to: transportation, electrical service, telephone communication, fuel, food, water, shelter, and emergency services and identify potentially hazardous conditions in the various types of structures and their contents during a disaster.
Service Goal #2
Evaluate the steps to reduce the risk of damage from hazards that threaten your area and then demonstrate preparing the home, school, workplace, and community in advance to minimize disaster repercussions, including but not limited to: assembling a disaster supply kit, developing a disaster plan, and designating a safe room.
Service Goal #3
Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of coordinating various plans and strategies among local, state, and federal government response organizations by explaining the roles and responsibilities of government agencies, non-government organizations, and individual citizens in homeland security.
Service Goal #4
Create a collaborative emergency exercise plan that includes first aid, fire science, hazardous materials, emergency prevention and preparedness that will enhance your College Town community’s ability to respond to emergencies or a simulated disaster.
Service Goal #5
Create a collaborative emergency exercise that involves an Emergency Services operation involving triage/mass casualty, extrication of victims in complex access situations, and additional basic skills most commonly associated with the entry level career title of First Responder.
Service Goal #6
Integrate the importance of the identification, collection, and processing of evidence and of its contribution to the criminal investigation into your collaborate emergency exercises.
In the space below, provide:
- Your name, age, grade, and the name of your school or community group
- The name of your JEM Team and the role you play on it
- The name of your College Town Service-Learning Project and a brief description of the affected area.
- A description of your mission (service goal) and how you used the STEM++ skills of this digital badge to achieve it.
- Links and/or attachments to documents, videos, photos, audio clips, blog posts, news articles, social media content, etc. that show you implementing action items to complete your mission.