Health Science Digital Badge
Share this Page
Service Goal #1
Describe how various healthcare roles fit into the office/department, the organization and the overall health care environment.
Service Goal #2
Develop a career plan that compares therapeutic, diagnostic, health informatics, environmental support, and biotechnology research and development career pathways.
Service Goal #3
Evaluate the impact of diversity and ethics on healthcare delivery to demonstrate respectful and empathetic treatment of ALL patients/clients (patient/customer service).
Service Goal #4
Demonstrate an understanding of the basic legal responsibilities of healthcare workers in regards to torts, malpractice, and negligence, invasion of privacy, privileged communication, patient/client confidentiality, and informed consent.
Service Goal #5
Analyze the healthcare delivery system (public, private, government, and nonprofit), describe the responsibilities of consumers within the healthcare system, and explain how to engage patients and families in their own healthcare.
Service Goal #6
Identify and demonstrate the various methods of providing and obtaining information from patients, family members, other agencies, and other members of the healthcare team.
In the space below, provide:
- Your name, age, grade, and the name of your school or community group
- The name of your JEM Team and the role you play on it
- The name of your College Town Service-Learning Project and a brief description of the affected area.
- A description of your mission (service goal) and how you used the STEM++ skills of this digital badge to achieve it.
- Links and/or attachments to documents, videos, photos, audio clips, blog posts, news articles, social media content, etc. that show you implementing action items to complete your mission.