Hospitality & Tourism Digital Badge
Share this Page
Service Goal #1
Introduce students to the major segments of the travel industry
Service Goal #2
Examine the products, services, and packages offered to business and leisure travelers by different types of businesses within the industry
Service Goal #3
Understand the leadership and supervision of employees in the travel, tourism, and hospitality industries as well as the management of operations in this industry
Service Goal #4
Introduction to the application of management level decision-making skills in hotel/lodging, human resources, food and beverage, and travel/tourism operations
Service Goal #5
Investigate trends, technology, and customs in the hospitality industry while focusing on the development of customer service skills
Service Goal #6
Utilizing current technology, the Internet, interesting digital media (e.g., textual, graphical, audio, visual, and interactive elements), and software packages to develop a tour package and marketing plan for a selected niche market that incorporates appropriate promotional and pricing strategies, thus ensuring business profitability.
In the space below, provide:
- Your name, age, grade, and the name of your school or community group
- The name of your JEM Team and the role you play on it
- The name of your College Town Service-Learning Project and a brief description of the affected area.
- A description of your mission (service goal) and how you used the STEM++ skills of this digital badge to achieve it.
- Links and/or attachments to documents, videos, photos, audio clips, blog posts, news articles, social media content, etc. that show you implementing action items to complete your mission.