Information Technology Digital Badge
Share this Page
Service Goal #1
Identify hardware device functions, including peripherals devices, input devices, and portable hardware appropriate for specific tasks and emerging hardware as it impacts information technology.
Service Goal #2
Describe trends in emerging, evolving, and future computer technologies and their influence on IT practices (mobile technology, computing tablets, cloud computing.)
Service Goal #3
Develop a working networking vocabulary including networking media, topologies, network operating systems, models and protocols, codes and standards, addressing, diagnostics, routing, WAN services, network security networking software, tools, and equipment.
Service Goal #4
Apply strategies for identifying routine hardware and software problems current to everyday life and identify compatibility issues and describe operational problems caused by hardware errors.
Service Goal #5
Understand and apply design principles to create professional appearing and functioning web pages using the elements of web design (HTML, CSS, responsive design, site usability, relation of site to business, story the site reveals about the business)
Service Goal #6
Design simple webpages incorporating media elements (e.g., sound, video, graphics, text, motion graphics), navigation, and linking.
In the space below, provide:
- Your name, age, grade, and the name of your school or community group
- The name of your JEM Team and the role you play on it
- The name of your College Town Service-Learning Project and a brief description of the affected area.
- A description of your mission (service goal) and how you used the STEM++ skills of this digital badge to achieve it.
- Links and/or attachments to documents, videos, photos, audio clips, blog posts, news articles, social media content, etc. that show you implementing action items to complete your mission.