DIGITAL BADGE COLLECTION
STEM++ Career Pathways:
- Building-Related Energy Efficiency
- Recycling & Pollution Reduction
- Environmental Conservation
- Green Manufacturing
- Renewable Energy Generation
SKILLCOIN REWARDS™ SPLITS:
30% – Student Stipends
40% – Project Fund
30% – NEXT Steps HQs
Product Life Cycle Project Badge
$6 Skillcoin Rewards™
Explain future trends of energy, power, and transportation as it relates to your College Town community and any opportunities to develop potential alternative energy systems and solutions that demonstrate a unique and appropriate approach to energy generation.
NSPIE Training Academy
Click each service goal below to view the current list of service-learning projects offered through our Partners In Education Network.
- Smart Grid Technologies – Projects that show how an electrical grid includes a variety of operational and energy measures including smart meters, smart appliances, renewable energy resources, and energy efficient resources
- Wind Technologies – Projects that show processes when the wind is used to generate mechanical power or electricity by using wind turbines to convert the kinetic energy in the wind into mechanical power.
- Biomass Technologies – Projects that show processes that use organic material with stored sunlight in the form of chemical energy that can be extracted to derive fuels, chemicals, and power—such as plants, agricultural and forestry residues, organic components of garbage (municipal solid waste), and algae
- Batteries Technologies – Projects that show processes that supply electric power through cathodes, anodes and electrons that produces external circuit flows to deliver energy to external devices
- Fuel Cells Technologies – Projects that show processes where an electrochemical cell converts the chemical energy from a fuel into electricity
- LEED Certified Technologies – Projects that show how leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) is one of the most popular green building certification programs by using a set of rating systems for the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of green buildings, homes, and neighborhoods that aims to help building owners and operators be environmentally responsible and use resources efficiently
- Solar Technologies – Projects that integrate technology that uses mirrors to reflect and concentrate sunlight onto receivers that collect solar energy and convert it to heat, which can then be used to produce electricity
- To earn your digital badges & Skillcoin Rewards™, use this submission form to provide the following information:
- Your first, middle initial, last name and age.
- The name of your school, community group, grade, course and instructor, group leader, mentor and/or sponsor.
- The name of your JEM Team and the role you play on it (if applicable).
- The name and address of your College Town project site.
- The name of your Operation Restoration service-learning project and a brief description of how your service goal(s) will positively impact your College Town project site.
- A detailed description of how you used your STEM++ skills to achieve your service goal(s).
You must be logged in to post a submission.