BUILD YOUR TEAM
LEADERSHIP DIGITAL BADGE
Achievement Domain: Leadership, Team-Building & Problem Solving
ACTIVITY AT A GLANCE:
This lesson will help you demonstrate the leadership qualities, values and behaviors you need to complete a service-learning project.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Service Goals & Activities
In this lesson, you will learn how to:
- Demonstrate the leadership qualities, values and behaviors you will need to complete your service-learning project
- Use the Community Involvement Growth Strategy (CIGS) Model to maximize use of your team’s resources.
- Form a Junior Executive Management (JEM) Team for your service-learning project.
- Demonstrate your understanding of the importance and value of teamwork as it relates to your mission and impact solution.
WHAT CAN I EARN?
Leadership Digital Badges
Are awarded when you can demonstrate your ability to:
- Community Ecosystem – Identify socio-economic conditions
- Conflict Resolution – De-escalate situations
- Culture – Balance direct and indirect influences to make decisions
- Family & Peer Network – Manage role family and peers play in decisions
- Leadership – Make decisions that create and implement impact solutions
JEM Team Digital Badges
Are awarded when you can demonstrate your ability to produce the following deliverables while serving on a Junior Executive Management Team:
- Communications & Distributions – brand management, communications and external relations
- Finance – financial stability of organization-wide policies
- General Management – short and long-term strategic growth plans and day-to-day executions of team activities
- Network Services – research market conditions
- Team Operations – select and assign team roles
- Workshops & Special Events – community team’s mission to stakeholders
- Money Guide for Young Entrepreneurs Activity Guide (optional)
- Community On Demand STEAM Education & Life Skills Development Card Game (optional)
- Youth Waiver (ages 17 & under)
- Photo/Media Consent & Release Form
- Notebook paper
- Pen or pencil(optional)
Proof of Work Submission Forms:
- Community Involvement Growth Strategy (CIGS) Model
- Junior Executive Management Team Leadership Nominations
- Junior Executive Management Team Member Nominations
- JEM Team Meeting Agenda & Outline
- Community On Demand Skills Assessment Worksheet