ACTIVITY AT A GLANCE
Game Strategy Overview
This lesson will help you assign roles and responsibilities to the people, places and things you will need to implement your impact solutions and complete your service-learning project.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Service Goals & Activities
In this lesson, you will learn how to:
- Demonstrate the leadership qualities, values and behaviors you will need to complete your service-learning project
- Use the Community Involvement Growth Strategy (CIGS) Model to maximize use of your team’s resources.
- Form a Junior Executive Management (JEM) Team for your service-learning project.
- Demonstrate your understanding of the importance and value of teamwork as it relates to your mission and impact solution.
WHAT CAN I EARN?
Skill Card/Digital Badge Collection
Using your Community On Demand card deck, Skills Self-Assessment Worksheet and/or Game Board, you will be able to build upon the Leadership digital badge and create a skill card/digital badge collection that reflects the skills you need and use to implement this strategy.
By completing this lesson, you will receive a micro-certification that confirms you have demonstrated competencies and gained experiences in demonstrating how your decisions help create and implement impact solutions for you team and community.
Game Pieces (optional):
- Community On Demand card deck
- Skills Assessment Worksheet (Single Player)
- Skills Assessment Game Board
Textbook & Worksheets:
- STEAM Investigative Process Mapping Guide (included)
- Money Guide for Young Entrepreneurs Activity Guide (optional)
- Money Guide Activity Worksheets Toolkit (optional)
- Youth Waiver (ages 17 & under)
- Photo/Media Consent & Release Form
- Dry erase marker for game board (optional)
Proof of Work Submission Forms:
- STEAM Skills Pre-Assessment Survey
- Feedback Form: Atwood Model Case Study
- STEAM Skills Post-Assessment Survey