ACTIVITY AT A GLANCE
Game Strategy Overview
This lesson will help you discover what socio-economic conditions are negatively impacting your community and map the local resources that are available to help you address, reduce and/or eliminate them.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Service Goals & Activities
In this lesson, you will learn how to:
- Develop an impact solution that addresses a socio-economic condition within your community.
- Research and identify the organizations that can help address socio-economic conditions within your community.
- Use digital and social media to map your community’s ecosystem.
- Demonstrate your ability to identify opportunities for growth, success & sustainability that exist within your community.
WHAT CAN I EARN?
Skill Card/Digital Badge Collection
Using your Community On Demand card deck, Skills Self-Assessment Worksheet and/or Game Board, you will be able to build upon the Community Ecosystem digital badge and create a skill card/digital badge collection that reflects the skills you need and use to implement this strategy.
By completing this lesson, you will receive a micro-certification that confirms you have demonstrated competencies and gained experiences in exploring the socio-economic indicators that define the health of your community’s ecosystem.
Game Pieces (optional):
- Community On Demand card deck
- Skills Assessment Worksheet (Single Player)
- Skills Assessment Game Board
Textbook & Worksheets:
- Natural Phenomena Worksheet (included)
- Community Health Assessment Worksheet (included)
- Mapping My Community's Ecosystem Worksheet (included)
- Money Guide for Young Entrepreneurs Activity Guide (optional)
- Money Guide Activity Worksheets Toolkit (optional)
- Youth Waiver (ages 17 & under)
- Photo/Media Consent & Release Form
- Dry erase marker for game board (optional)
Proof of Work Submission Forms:
- STEAM Skills Pre-Assessment Survey
- Ecosystem | Call To Action Quiz
- STEAM Skills Post-Assessment Survey