ACTIVITY AT A GLANCE
Game Strategy Overview
This lesson will teach you how to use the contribution values of your STEAM Skills to create an operating budget for your service-learning project.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Service Goals & Activities
- Create a budget and fundraising campaign for your service-learning project.
- Determine the cost to complete your action items and pay as members of the Community On Demand digital media platforms.
- Use the Cash Allocation activity worksheet to see how sponsorships flow through the Community On Demand digital economy.
- Demonstrate how you place value on your team’s time, resources, STEAM skills and achievements.
WHAT CAN I EARN?
Skill Card/Digital Badge Collection
Using your Community On Demand card deck, Skills Self-Assessment Worksheet and/or Game Board, you will be able to build upon the Budget digital badge and create a skill card/digital badge collection that reflects the skills you need and use to implement this strategy.
By completing this lesson, you will receive a micro-certification that confirms you have demonstrated competencies and gained experiences in developing and using budgets and cash allocation charts to demonstrate how you manage and value resources.
Game Pieces (optional):
- Community On Demand card deck
- Skills Assessment Worksheet (Single Player)
- Skills Assessment Game Board
Textbook & Worksheets:
- STEAM Investigative Process Mapping Guide (included)
- Money Guide for Young Entrepreneurs Activity Guide (optional)
- Money Guide Activity Worksheets Toolkit (optional)
- Youth Waiver (ages 17 & under)
- Photo/Media Consent & Release Form
- Dry erase marker for game board (optional)
Proof of Work Submission Forms:
- STEAM Skills Pre-Assessment Survey
- Feedback Form: Atwood Model Case Study
- STEAM Skills Post-Assessment Survey