STEM++ Career Pathways:
- Food Products & Processing Systems
- Operations Management
- Quality Assurance
- Logistics & Inventory Control
- Health, Safety & Environmental Assurance
- Professional Sales
- Marketing Communications
- Logistics Planning & Management Services
MISSION#: O*NET 17-2112.00
Complete a Logistics & Inventory Control service-learning project related to the maintenance and transportation of raw materials and finished parts inventories. Includes moving raw materials to the production line, unloading trucks with raw materials, wrapping pallets of finished products for shipment, and communicating with traffic managers. Demonstrate application of the STEM++ skills listed below.
STEM++ SKILLS APPLIED:
The following competencies can be used on your STEM++ resume and financial portfolio to describe the STEM++ skills you applied to complete your service goals for this Operation Restoration service-learning project.
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Estimate production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
- Coordinate and implement quality control objectives, activities, or procedures to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, or minimize costs.
- Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production and design standards.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Confer with clients, vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, product and production specifications, manufacturing capabilities, or project status.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
- Complete production reports, purchase orders, and material, tool, and equipment lists.
- Record or oversee recording of information to ensure currency of engineering drawings and documentation of production problems.
- Evaluate precision and accuracy of production and testing equipment and engineering drawings to formulate corrective action plan.
- Analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability objectives of finished product.
- Regulate and alter workflow schedules according to established manufacturing sequences and lead times to expedite production operations.
- Direct workers engaged in product measurement, inspection, and testing activities to ensure quality control and reliability.
- Formulate sampling procedures and designs and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Implement methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and defective or damaged parts, and assess cost and responsibility.
- Schedule deliveries based on production forecasts, material substitutions, storage and handling facilities, and maintenance requirements.
To apply for this job please visit nextstepsyep.org.