STEM++ Career Pathways:
- Food Products & Processing Systems
- Operations Management
- Quality Assurance
- Logistics & Inventory Control
- Health, Safety & Environmental Assurance
- Professional Sales
- Marketing Communications
- Logistics Planning & Management Services
MISSION#: O*NET 13-1081.00
Complete a Logistics Planning & Management Services service-learning project that involve the planning, management and control of the physical distribution of materials, products, and people. Demonstrate application of the STEM++ skills listed below.
STEM++ SKILLS APPLIED:
The following competencies can be used on your STEM++ resume and financial portfolio to describe the STEM++ skills you applied to complete your service goals for this Operation Restoration service-learning project.
- Review contractual commitments, customer specifications, or related information to determine logistics or support requirements.
- Determine logistics support requirements, such as facility details, staffing needs, or safety or maintenance plans.
- Propose logistics solutions for customers.
- Direct the work of logistics analysts.
- Evaluate effectiveness of current or future logistical processes.
- Provide logistics technology or information for effective and efficient support of product, equipment, or system manufacturing or service.
- Evaluate the use of inventory tracking technology, Web-based warehousing software, or intelligent conveyor systems to maximize plant or distribution center efficiency.
- Develop logistic metrics, internal analysis tools, or key performance indicators for business units.
- Analyze or interpret logistics data involving customer service, forecasting, procurement, manufacturing, inventory, transportation, or warehousing.
- Prepare or validate documentation on automated logistics or maintenance-data reporting or management information systems.
- Identify cost-reduction or process-improvement logistic opportunities.
- Evaluate the use of technologies, such as global positioning systems (GPS), radio-frequency identification (RFID), route navigation software, or satellite linkup systems, to improve transportation efficiency.
- Develop or maintain cost estimates, forecasts, or cost models.
- Develop specifications for equipment, tools, facility layouts, or material-handling systems.
- Conduct logistics studies or analyses, such as time studies, zero-base analyses, rate analyses, network analyses, flow-path analyses, or supply chain analyses.
- Apply logistics modeling techniques to address issues such as operational process improvement or facility design or layout.
- Prepare logistic strategies or conceptual designs for production facilities.
- Identify or develop business rules or standard operating procedures to streamline operating processes.
- Design comprehensive supply chains that minimize environmental impacts or costs.
- Interview key staff or tour facilities to identify efficiency-improvement, cost-reduction, or service-delivery opportunities.
- Develop or document reverse logistics management processes to ensure maximal efficiency of product recycling, reuse, or final disposal.
- Determine feasibility of designing new facilities or modifying existing facilities, based on factors such as cost, available space, schedule, technical requirements, or ergonomics.
To apply for this job please visit nextstepsyep.org.