To learn more about my latest masterpieces
College Town & our New! Digital Badge & Skillcoins Rewards System
WARNING: My website is still under development so please forgive the broken links and unfinished pages.
We’re working as fast as we can to get ready for STEM Wars on Sept. 13th.
I believe they are the solutions for companies that participated in Governor Deal’s High Demand Career Initiative back in 2011. Local business owners from high-demand STEM++ career pathways and industries expressed frustration in their inability to find talented Millennials with employable STEM++ skills they need for their businesses right now.
Here’s where our New! Digital Badge & Skillcoins Rewards System will comes into play. Our new system:
- Is a connected learning model that provides incentive for students to learn and earn.
- Integrates a gaming component into NEXT Steps’ real life service-learning projects, community engagement models, and leadership development programs
- Strategically distribute sponsorship dollars into three funding categories: stipends (30%), seed monies for youth projects (40%) and admin/operations (30%) to sustain the program.
- Allows digital badge sponsorships to take on characteristics of mini donor-advised funds so sponsors can mentor our Junior Executive Management (JEM) Teams (interns).
- Allows sponsors to customize their digital badge collections, tailor them to their specific STEM++ industries, and narrows down student learning to the specific skillsets employers need them to master.
- Everybody wins!
NOW ACCEPTING SPONSORSHIPS
(for our first official Digital Badge Collection)
STEAM Wars Science Festival and Career Fair
Hosted by he Georgia TRiO and Atlanta Dream
@ Philips Arena
September 13, 2016
5,000 students • 100+ vendors • 100 colleges