Career & Technical Education (CTE)/STEAM Education
Professional Development Training To Meet All CTE Requirements For Course Standard #1
As Developed by the National CTE Association
CTE Course Standard #1 (All CTE Curricula)
CTE Course Standard #1 is included in the curriculum for all STEAM Career Clusters and their pathways. It reads as follows:
STANDARD: Demonstrate employability skills required by business and industry.
The following elements should be integrated throughout the content of this course.
- 1.1 Communicate effectively through writing, speaking, listening, reading, and interpersonal abilities.
- 1.2 Demonstrate creativity by asking challenging questions and applying innovative procedures and methods
- 1.3 Exhibit critical thinking and problem solving skills to locate, analyze and apply information in career planning and employment situations
- 1.4 Model work readiness traits required for success in the workplace including integrity, honesty, accountability, punctuality, time management, and respect for diversity
- 1.5 Apply the appropriate skill sets to be productive in a changing, technological, diverse workplace to be able to work independently and apply team work skills
- 1.6 Present a professional image through appearance, behavior and language
How Community On Demand Meets The Need
The Community On Demand card game curriculum uses five color-coded achievement domains to help learners quickly define, measure, build and name 63 of their high-demand employability skills.
- Career Awareness & Exploration
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Workforce Readiness & Personal Branding
- STEAM Career Clusters
- Leadership, Team-building & Problem Solving
This “business-in-a-box” game offers four levels of strategic game play for individuals and teams. It ensures they are engaged in college & career readiness activities that require them to use the employability skills defined in CTE Course Standard #1:
- Skills Self-Assessments – A fun way to quickly measure the total number and contribution value of your employability skills.
- Team-Building – Form/Join a JEM Team to put your leadership, team-building and problem-solving skills to the test.
- Financial Literacy – Use your STEAM skills to crowdfund resources that will support your impact solutions and service-learning projects.
- Entrepreneurship – Convert your impact solutions and service-learning projects into social ventures then package and pitch your final outcomes.
KEY SKILL-BUILDING ACTIVITIES
Participants in the CTE/STEAM Curriculum Program will enjoy the:
- Engagement in digital and local learning experiences created by their Junior Executive Management (JEM) Teams and their local Community On Demand Digital Media Networks
- Ability to upload their original digital media content through their NEXT Steps Online Training Academy digital profile pages
- Ability to issue digital badges, micro-certifications and funding from eGift card sponsorships
- Ability to earn additional funding and resources for their team, schools and groups through the in-game currencies of the Community On Demand digital economy
Community • Science • Innovation
What Makes A Great Mentor?
Your ability to help disenfranchised individuals develop their life and high-demand STEAM skills
Download our FREE fact sheet to learn how Community On Demand lets you have FUN with your philanthropy.