Share This Page!
SKILLCOIN REWARDS IN PLAY: $45.00
Sponsorship of this digital badge collection will provide Junior Executive Management (JEM) Teams with the following STEM++ skills, capabilities & experiences within the Finance industry when they:
- FAFSA Program Badge ($10) – Create a finance plan for your service-learning project to include one or more of the following: sources of income, budgeting, banking, consumer credit, credit laws and rights, personal bankruptcy, insurance, spending, taxes, investment strategies, savings accounts, mutual funds and the stock market, buying a vehicle, and living independently
- Job Market Task Badge ($30) – Describe the basic characteristics of the marketplace and the free enterprise system and identify various forms of income to explain trends in the workplace (e.g., flexible schedules, job rotation, job sharing, permanent part-time employment, contract work) and factors that affect income as a part of the career decision-making process.
- Salary.com Program Badge ($10) – Analyze how career choice, education, skills, and economic conditions affect income and then compute gross pay, payroll deductions and net pay and prepare U.S. individual federal income tax return Forms 1040EZ and 1040A for careers in your STEM++ pathway.
- Finance Skills Badge ($40) – Explain the return on investment (ROI) and social return on investment (SROI) of the time and cost associated with the education, training, and skill development of a desired career pathway and then analyze checking accounts and other banking services to explain how financial institutions channel funds from savers to investors.
- Business Management & Administrative Skills Badge ($40) – Analyze financial reports, personal and business insurance products, and risks faced by individuals and businesses (choice of credit, the cost of credit, and the legal aspects of using credit) to predict growth rates and return on investment to produce financial growth strategies for your College Town service-learning project.
- Budget Task Badge ($30) – Demonstrate how to make decisions about planning, organizing, and allocating resources for their College Town service-learning project by using financial statements, payroll, and other accounting procedures.
Digital Badge Sponsorship Allocations:
30% – $45.00 Student stipend to “pay themselves”
40% – $60.00 Service-learning project fund donation to “reinvest in their business”
30% – $45.00 NEXT Steps donation to sustain program operations
Submit proof of your work to collect digital badges & earn Skillcoin Rewards™ Digital badges must be sponsored in order to receive Skillcoin Rewards™In the space below, provide:
- Your name, age, grade, and the name of your school or community group
- The name of your JEM Team and the role you play on it (if applicable)
- The name of your College Town Service-Learning Project and a brief description of the affected area.
- A description of your mission (service goal) and how you used the STEM++ skills of this digital badge to achieve it.
- Links and/or attachments to documents, videos, photos, audio clips, blog posts, news articles, social media content, etc. that show you implementing action items to complete your service goals.