STEAM INVESTIGATIVE PROCESS EGIFT CARD
Invest in learners that are exploring careers in demonstrating how they design impact solutions by researching, designing, planning, coordinating and evaluating anticipated results as they complete their service-learning project(s).
- Investigate careers related to the design, production, analysis, repair, and operation of devices that use electronics to demonstrate application of the engineering design process through hands-on demonstrations, competitions, presentations, and College Town service-learning projects.
- Use applications of mathematics and science to predict the success of an engineered solution and complete hands-on activities with tools, materials, and processes as they develop functional devices and working prototypes aided by computer simulations.
- Demonstrate the application of mathematical tools, teamwork, and communications skills in solving various design challenges, while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Use market research, cost benefit analysis, and an understanding of the design cycle to create and present design, marketing, and business plans for your solutions.
- Create a portfolio that demonstrates you employability skills, career opportunities, applied math, working drawings (CAD, etc.) that include sectional, auxiliary, detail and pictorial views, and pattern developments.
- Evaluate the design solution using conceptual, physical, and mathematical models at various intervals of the design process (optimization and iterations) in order to check for proper design and note areas where improvements are needed.
Triple Your Impact!
Your eGift card sponsorship is a 100% tax-deductible donation to students through the NEXT Steps Youth Entrepreneur Program (a 501c3 nonprofit organization) and will be distributed through three sustainability funds:
30% Student Stipend Fund – Cash stipends for students that submit proof of their work. Can be spend any way they choose.
40% Impact Project Fund – “Seed money” for Junior Executive Management Teams to purchase materials and services required to complete their STEAM Investigative Process.
30% CoD Network Fund – Funding used to create special events that market, promote and distribute products, services and student achievements throughout the Community On Demand Digital Media Network.