The STEM Direct Youth Chamber of Commerce
STEAM Mentor Membership
A Registered Member of the
STEAM Mentors assist JEM Teams throughout their training as they play Community On Demand. They offer assistance by:
- Offering JEM Teams their experience as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within their STEAM industry.
- Connecting virtually at least once a week with a JEM Team to ensure their training program incorporates employability skills from all five achievement domains of the Community On Demand card game
- Providing a combination of online mentorship, skills support and a safe learning environment (culture) for collaboration and creativity
- Provide high quality feedback, career guidance and mentorship in leadership, team-building, problem solving and conflict resolution
- Managing play dates, career fairs and competition schedules
- Understanding all competition rules and regulations and ensuring compliance and consistency among all learners
- Working with other members of the NEXT Steps Partners In Education Network to secure funding and resources requests made by their JEM Team(s)
- Ensuring their JEM Team(s) feel well supported, informed, and prepared to play and win Community On Demand.
NEXT Steps Partners In Education Network
Professional development and leadership training workshops available.
- One (1) Free Community On Demand Game Set (card deck, skills assessment worksheet set, game board)
- Automatic registration for volunteer and networking opportunities through the Community Connections Meetup Group
- Featured Speaker for CoD+Nepris Industry Chat
- Featured STEAM Industry Profile & Highlights Blog Post
- Year-Round JEM Team member nominations for digital credentials & awards