Architecture & Construction Digital Badge
Share this Page
Service Goal #1
Students learn drafting techniques through the study of geometric construction at which time they are introduced to computer-aided drafting and design.Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the building trades: carpentry, masonry, plumbing, electrical and HVAC.
Service Goal #2
Conduct community assessment where emphasis is placed on house designs, floor plans, roof designs, elevations (interior and exterior), schedules, and foundations.
Service Goal #3
Conduct community assessment for new, existing, historical and refurbishing projects where emphasis is placed on schedules, plumbing, HVAC Systems (heating and air, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration), electrical systems, graphic presentations, plot/site plans, specifications, and building estimations.
Service Goal #4
Student will be exposed to all areas of collision repair and automotive refinish such as safety, refinishing, metal repair, plastic repair, automotive construction, and estimate reading and writing.
Service Goal #5
Provides a general knowledge of electrical systems including series, parallel, and series-parallel circuits.
Service Goal #6
Students learn how to safely operate hand tools, power tools, and equipment used in mixing mortar and gain skills needed for cutting, laying, and finishing masonry units as well as calculating distances, areas, and volumes common in masonry work.
In the space below, provide:
- Your name, age, grade, and the name of your school or community group
- The name of your JEM Team and the role you play on it
- The name of your College Town Service-Learning Project and a brief description of the affected area.
- A description of your mission (service goal) and how you used the STEM++ skills of this digital badge to achieve it.
- Links and/or attachments to documents, videos, photos, audio clips, blog posts, news articles, social media content, etc. that show you implementing action items to complete your mission.