Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources Skills Badge
Proof of Work Online Submission Form
To earn this digital badge, use the form below to submit proof demonstrating how you applied these STEM++ skills.
- Interviewed or demonstrated engagement with a STEM++ career professional in the following career pathways:
- Agribusiness Systems – the business of agricultural production that includes agrichemicals, breeding, crop production (farming and contract farming), distribution, farm machinery, processing, and seed supply, as well as marketing and retail sales.
- Animal Systems – occupations related to the raising and caring of animals and developing more efficient ways of producing and processing meat, poultry, eggs and dairy products. Workers study genetics, nutrition, reproduction, growth and care of domesticated farm animals
- Environmental Service Systems – occupations involved in water and air pollution control, recycling, waste disposal and public health issues
- Food Products & Processing Systems – occupations involved in bulk food production, the discovery of new food sources, the analysis of food content, and the development of ways to process, preserve, package or store food according to consumer needs, and. Includes those who monitor compliance with industry and government regulations.
- Natural Resources Systems – occupations that develop, use, maintain, manage, and analyze natural resources that include catching and trapping various types of marine life and work related to recreation, wildlife, conservation, mining, logging, or oil drilling.
- Plant Systems – occupations related to growing food, feed, and fiber crops, and the study of plants and their growth to help producers meet consumer demand while conserving natural resources and maintaining the environment.
- Power, Structural & Technical Systems – applied knowledge of engineering, hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics, power, structures, and controls to the field of agriculture in order to design agricultural structures as well as machinery and equipment.
Operation Restoration Service Goals:
- Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources. Explained how your College Town established forests by natural and artificial means: maintaining and surveying forests, identifying and protecting trees, practicing silviculture, measuring trees and land, mapping, preparing for timber sales and harvest, employing multiple-use resource management, keeping records, and figuring taxes
To earn your digital badges & Skillcoin Rewards™, use this submission form to provide the following information:
- Your first, middle initial, last name and age.
- The name of your school, community group, grade, course and instructor, group leader, mentor and/or sponsor.
- The name of your JEM Team and the role you play on it (if applicable).
- The name and address of your College Town project site.
- The name of your Operation Restoration service-learning project and a brief description of how your service goal(s) will positively impact your College Town project site.
- A detailed description of how you used your STEM++ skills to achieve your service goal(s).
You must be logged in to post a submission.