Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security Digital Badge
Share this Page
Service Goal #1
Explore the basic processes and principles of forensic science as it relates to criminal investigation to demonstrate the importance of the identification, collection, and processing of evidence
Service Goal #2
Explain the legal responsibilities and challenges which the forensic investigator may encounter, the role of the criminal investigator, and demonstrate the importance of preserving and documenting the crime scene and enabling the investigator to analyze evidence and its relationship to the crime.
Service Goal #3
Study and conduct mock interviews and interrogations to demonstrate how statements are used as evidence in court
Service Goal #4
Explain how the success of a forensic scientist depends upon his or her ability to work with law enforcement officers and prosecutors in order to reach a successful completion to an investigation
Service Goal #5
Explore the difference between common and statutory law in the context of how legal precedent is established to include the rights of citizens guaranteed by the United States and Georgia constitutions, the powers granted to the police and safety officials, and the restrictions placed upon them by the respective constitutions and their amendments.
Service Goal #6
Discuss disaster preparedness/emergency management agencies, including but not limited to: Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Citizens Corps, and Georgia Emergency Management Agency.
In the space below, provide:
- Your name, age, grade, and the name of your school or community group
- The name of your JEM Team and the role you play on it
- The name of your College Town Service-Learning Project and a brief description of the affected area.
- A description of your mission (service goal) and how you used the STEM++ skills of this digital badge to achieve it.
- Links and/or attachments to documents, videos, photos, audio clips, blog posts, news articles, social media content, etc. that show you implementing action items to complete your mission.