ACTIVITY AT A GLANCE
Game Strategy Overview
This lesson will help you demonstrate your ability to answer the questions necessary to describe the impact solution(s) you create to solve socio-economic problems that are negatively affecting your community.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Service Goals & Activities
In this lesson, you will learn how to:
- Develop a written mission statement for your impact solution
- Investigate the people, places and things that are directly connected to socio-economic indicators in your community.
- Complete the “T” formation challenge.
- Demonstrate your ability to create a winning mission statement that clearly defines your plan of action.
WHAT CAN I EARN?
Skill Card/Digital Badge Collection
Using your Community On Demand card deck, Skills Self-Assessment Worksheet and/or Game Board, you will be able to build upon the Mission Statement digital badge and create a skill card/digital badge collection that reflects the skills you need and use to implement this strategy.
By completing this lesson, you will receive a micro-certification that confirms you have demonstrated competencies and gained experiences in developing a plan for a technical or vocational career, post-secondary education, and/or entrepreneurial venture.
Game Pieces (optional):
- Community On Demand card deck
- Skills Assessment Worksheet (Single Player)
- Skills Assessment Game Board
Textbook & Worksheets:
- STEAM Investigative Process Mapping Guide (included)
- Money Guide for Young Entrepreneurs Activity Guide (optional)
- Money Guide Activity Worksheets Toolkit (optional)
- Youth Waiver (ages 17 & under)
- Photo/Media Consent & Release Form
- Dry erase marker for game board (optional)
Proof of Work Submission Forms:
- STEAM Skills Pre-Assessment Survey
- Feedback Form: Atwood Model Case Study
- STEAM Skills Post-Assessment Survey