PARTNER IN EDUCATION
Infusion Blends Artisan Butters
Ms. Deborah Clemons
Founder & CEO
STEM++ Career Pathways:
MISSION#: O*NET 13-1022.00
Complete a Merchandising service-learning project related to getting products into the hands of customers, including forecasting, planning, buying, displaying, selling and providing customer service. Demonstrate application of the STEM++ skills listed below.
STEM++ SKILLS APPLIED:
The following competencies can be used on your STEM++ resume and financial portfolio to describe the STEM++ skills you applied to complete your service goals for this Operation Restoration service-learning project.
- Buy merchandise or commodities for resale to wholesale or retail consumers.
- Negotiate prices, discount terms, or transportation arrangements with suppliers.
- Examine, select, order, or purchase merchandise consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements, or other factors, such as environmental soundness.
- Recommend mark-up rates, markdown rates, or merchandise selling prices.
- Obtain information about customer needs or preferences by conferring with sales or purchasing personnel.
- Authorize payment of invoices or return of merchandise.
- Monitor and analyze sales records, trends, or economic conditions to anticipate consumer buying patterns and determine what the company will sell and how much inventory is needed.
- Collaborate with vendors to obtain or develop desired products.
- Inspect merchandise or products to determine quality, value, or yield.
- Conduct sales meetings to introduce new merchandise.
- Consult with store or merchandise managers about budgets or goods to be purchased.
- Provide clerks with information to print on price tags, such as price, mark-ups or mark-downs, manufacturer number, season code, or style number.
- Train or supervise sales or clerical staff.
- Determine which products should be featured in advertising, the advertising medium to be used, or when the ads should be run.
- Monitor competitors’ sales activities by following their advertisements in newspapers or other media.
- Analyze environmental aspects of competing merchandise when making buying decisions.
- Compare transportation options to determine the most energy efficient options.
To apply for this job please visit nextstepsyep.org.