LAW, SECURITY & PUBLIC SAFETY EGIFT CARD
Invest in learners that are exploring careers in planning, managing, and providing legal, public safety, protective services and homeland security as they complete their service-learning project(s).
- Explore the basic processes and principles of forensic science as it relates to criminal investigation to demonstrate the importance of the identification, collection, and processing of evidence
- Explain the legal responsibilities and challenges which the forensic investigator may encounter, the role of the criminal investigator, and demonstrate the importance of preserving and documenting the crime scene and enabling the investigator to analyze evidence and its relationship to the crime
- Study and conduct mock interviews and interrogations to demonstrate how statements are used as evidence in court
- Explain how the success of a forensic scientist depends upon his or her ability to work with law enforcement officers and prosecutors in order to reach a successful completion to an investigation.
- Explore the difference between common and statutory law in the context of how legal precedent is established to include the rights of citizens guaranteed by the United States and Georgia constitutions, the powers granted to the police and safety officials, and the restrictions placed upon them by the respective constitutions and their amendments.
- Discuss disaster preparedness/emergency management agencies, including but not limited to: Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Citizens Corps, and Georgia Emergency Management Agency
STEAM Education eGift Cards.
Marketing, Financial Literacy & Crowdfunding Tools
Triple Your Impact. Our STEAM Education eGift cards are crowdfunding tools used to 1) represent the skills players are using to complete their design projects and 2) fund projects that allow players to practice creating budgets, generating revenue, purchasing materials and managing resources.
How They Work. Once players get a STEAM Education eGift card sponsored, funds are separated into three use categories (Reward, Fund & Invest). Allocated resources must be used to seed the development of the products, services, innovative ideas and impact solutions players create for their Community On Demand™ design projects.
30% of all eGift card sponsorships are allocated to a Student Stipend Fund where players can "pay themselves" or provide scholarships, grants, cash stipends and donations to their peers.
40% of all eGift card sponsorships go to our Impact Project Fund to help players develop and manage operating budgets for their design and service-learning projects.
30% of all eGift card sponsorships go to our CoD Network Fund to market, promote, distribute and "seed" the products, services, specials events and ventures created from design challenges.
Sponsorship Requests. To minimize risk from fraud, requests for eGift card sponsorships should only be shared by players that are registered affiliates of our Pop Shop Shopify ecommerce site (which are typically paid members of our STEM Direct Youth Chamber of Commerce).
STEM Exchange Pop Shop
Please check url to make sure you’re on the correct site and have not been re-directed to another site BEFORE you enter any personal or financial information!
How to complete eGift Card Sponsorships in 4 easy steps:
- Confirm skillcard url reflects the official skillcard gallery of our Pop Shop htts://stem-exchange.myshopify.com
- Confirm name and value of the skillcard matches the image and value of the skillcard
- Select eGift card sponsorship amount from the range of denominations available then enter the number of egift cards you want to sponsor at your selected denomination amount.
- Check the box “I want to send this as a gift” then enter the email, name of the school, group or individual, and the name, address and lead instructor/mentor for the design project that the sponsorship is for.
Recipient Name or Group Name: The Trojan Warriors JEM Team
Message: I.T. Cybersecurity Design Project for The Family Recreation Center, My Town, GA 12345 Teacher: Ms. Fannie Mae Jackson
Click Add To Cart
- NOTE: Only share eGift cards using your Shopify affiliate account to better track your activity, funds and sponsors. Click the Share button and only provide your JEM Team’s email address, your JEM Team’s name and the name of your project, city, state and instructor, teacher or mentor’s name.
Funds projects that help learners strengthen their financial literacy skills in community-based economics & new business development.
Funds projects that help learners develop project management and life readiness skills for college, career, business and community re-investment.
Funds projects that introduce learners to the industries that drive the U.S. economy and the pathways they can use to jumpstart their careers