HOSPITALITY & TOURISM EGIFT CARD
Invest in learners that are exploring careers in the management, marketing & operations of restaurants and other lodging, attractions, travel & recreation events as they complete their service-learning project(s).
- Explore the major segments of the travel industry.
- Examine the products, services, and packages offered to business and leisure travelers by different types of businesses within the industry.
- Understand the leadership and supervision of employees in the travel, tourism, and hospitality industries as well as the management of operations in this industry.
- Investigate the management level decision-making skills required for success in hotel/lodging, human resources, food and beverage, and travel/tourism operations.
- Investigate trends, technology, and customs in the hospitality industry while focusing on the development of customer service skills.
- Utilizing current technology, the Internet, interesting digital media (e.g., textual, graphical, audio, visual, and interactive elements), and software packages to develop a tour package and marketing plan for a selected niche market that incorporates appropriate promotional and pricing strategies, thus ensuring business profitability.
Triple Your Impact!
Your eGift card sponsorship is a 100% tax-deductible donation to students through the NEXT Steps Youth Entrepreneur Program (a 501c3 nonprofit organization) and will be distributed through three sustainability funds:
30% Student Stipend Fund – Cash stipends for students that submit proof of their work. Can be spend any way they choose.
40% Impact Project Fund – “Seed money” for Junior Executive Management Teams to purchase materials and services required to complete their STEAM Investigative Process.
30% CoD Network Fund – Funding used to create special events that market, promote and distribute products, services and student achievements throughout the Community On Demand Digital Media Network.